Whoa! The title says it all. I stepped away from blogging for a minute to collect my thoughts and gear up for my new position in Kindergarten. Well I'm happy to come back and collect some awards. A few weeks ago the lovely Martina of Amazingly Blessed nominated me for a Liebster award and just today the thoughtful Shaina of the Shaina Renae blog nominated me AGAIN for a Liebster award. First of all a Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Secondly, I don't know if I can accept this award twice, but I will go ahead and answer the questions as the rules require. Thanks again to these lovely ladies for recognizing this humble little blog, please do check out their blogs as well. Good reads for sure!
- Share 11 facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
- Create 11 questions for nominees to answer
- Link back to the person who nominated you (so I'll be linking back to Shania AND Martina)
Now, to follow the rules...
11 Facts about Me
- I am the youngest of 4 (I have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister)
- I am obsessed with smells and thrive on scented candles, body sprays, and breath mints
- I smoked for nearly 8 years and LOVED it
- I have a heart murmur (yeah, I don't smoke anymore...)
- I love people with accents (British, African, Southern twang--the thicker the Better!)
- I gave NATURAL birth to my daughter with NO drugs (I chose a helluva time to just say "No")
- I was kidnapped as an infant (sometimes I wonder if I'm in the right family... :)
- I am a HUGE Jack Johnson fan
- Growing up I NEVER thought about being a teacher
- I do not have cable (who needs it when you got Hulu and Netflix???)
- For McDonald's breakfast I always order: a medium coffee with 4 creams in it and 2 packets of Splenda on the side
1.) Who inspires you? Wow, this is a really great question. I am inspired by all sorts of people. People who face their fears or seek after their dreams and actively promote good in the world are sources of inspiration. Of course the ultimate One who inspires me is Christ Jesus. His selfless ways of living, his intense obedience and steadfast commitment to the Father are things I desperately want to practice and internalize.
2.) What is your favorite candy? Hmm, this is tough to answer because I am a sweet.tooth.bandit, but I've realized that I can sit and devour a few rolls of Smarties and just about anything chocolate.
3.) Who is your celebrity crush? Can't believe I'm admitting this but...Prince Harry. Next question...
4.) How many children would you like to have? The one I have now is good, but I would like a son
5.) Why do you blog? I've always loved to write. As a child I wrote stories and plays and I've kept journals for years. I've always wondered if the reflections I held were pondered by anyone else and so I decided to share and hopefully inspire some reflective thinking. If people connect to what I say, or are encouraged by my words, or begin to consider their walk with Christ then my blogging purposes are achieved.
6.) Bath & Body Works or Victoria Secret? Hmm, love fragrances from both but I tend to shop at B&BW more
7.) Favorite Movie? Really tough question because I really don't have just one.
8.) Healthy Eater or Junkie? I try to balance between both...
9.) What are you thankful for? God's patience
10.) What month is your birthday? November! Scorpio bay-bee!! (Not that I believe in that stuff...ahem, I am a Christian)
11.) Do you love Jesus? Why? Yes I love Jesus Christ because He is worthy and He first loved me.
Shaina's Questions for Me:
1.) What would be your dream vacation? Hawaii
2.) What was your favorite moment from 2012? Completing my masters work. When I hit "send" to submit my final assignment it was some of the sweetest relief I'd ever felt
3.) Favorite song? Tree by the River by Iron & Wine (I'm a little bit of a hippie...)
4.) What's your favorite thing about blogging? Hmm, see my answer to question #5 above
5.) What's your favorite TV Show (currently airing)? Not really a TV junkie, but I do get excited about watching the TODAY show in the morning. They seem to have so much fun working together!
6.) Dog or cat person? Definitely CATS!
7.) How many siblings (if any) do you have? See fact #1 about me above
8.) How would you describe your personal style (fashion wise). Hmm, nothing tacky. Gotta involve either one or a few: black leggings, a dress, or heels, a nice blouse and a cardigan never hurt
9.) What are you currently reading? My Bible, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and lots of teacher stuff
10.) If you could describe your blog in one word, what would it be? Hmm...Substance (it has it)
11.) What is your dream job? If I'd had my way, I would be living in Hollywood trying to make a movie or two :)-
Drum roll please for My Liebster Nominees:
1. A Beautiful Mess
3. Forever Changed
4. One Year to A Quarter Life Crisis
5. Blessed To Be A Blessing
6. Captivated by Love
7. Blogging While Single And Over 30
8. Hello, Goodmorning Sunshine
9. Jane Caroline (I'll be honest, I have no idea if she has 200 or more followers because it is not listed, but I think she has a great website and I want people to know about it!)
10. The Tom Girl
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite bible verse or quote?
2. Are you what you wanted to be when your grow up?
3. What is your favorite joke?
4. Ever had your heart broken? If so, how old were you?
5. What was your favorite childhood toy or game?
6. Would you like to be buried or cremated? (I know, kind of morbid...)
7. When was the last time you volunteered?
8. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
9. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
10. Finish this sentence: I wish I could stop_________
11. Who haven't you told about your blog?
*Disclaimer: Whew!! This blog post took me about a total of 3 hours. I didn't realize how many blogs I follow that have over 200 followers so it took some time to highlight ones with less than 200. Plus couldn't renominate ones who chose me. Then, not to mention a 6-year old beckoning "Hey, watch this!" at every part of SpongeBob. So just a warning, accepting the Liebster award could take some time. LOL :)